Guide to Learn about Wheel Spacers
Wheel spacers are a popular aftermarket upgrade that can enhance the performance and appearance of your vehicle. In this article, we’ll look closer at KSP wheel spacers, how they work, and the benefits they can offer.
What are Wheel Spacers?
Wheel spacers are small metal discs that fit between your vehicle’s hub and the wheel, effectively pushing the wheel away from the hub. While they come in various sizes and thicknesses and are typically made from high-quality aluminum or steel.
How do they work?
Wheel spacers work by increasing the distance between your vehicle’s hub and the wheel. This has several benefits, including:
- Improved Handling: By pushing the wheel away from the hub, wheel spacers can improve the handling of your vehicle. This is because they widen the track of your vehicle, providing more stability during cornering and at higher speeds.
- Enhanced Appearance: Wheel spacers can also improve the appearance of your vehicle by creating a wider stance. This can make your car look more aggressive and sporty.
- Improved Brake Clearance: If you’ve installed larger brakes on your vehicle, spacers of wheels can provide the necessary clearance for the brake caliper to fit properly.
What are the Benefits of Wheel Spacers?
- Improved Handling: As mentioned earlier, wheel spacers can improve the handling of your vehicle by providing a wider track. This can result in better traction, improved stability during cornering, and enhanced overall performance.
- Better Appearance: They can improve the appearance of your vehicle by creating a wider stance. This can make your car look more aggressive and sporty.
- Easy Installation: Spacers are relatively easy to install and can be done in your garage with minimal tools. However, it’s important to note that a wheel spacer can cause serious damage to your vehicle if not installed properly.
- Affordable: They are a relatively affordable aftermarket upgrade that can offer significant benefits. They’re also a great way to improve the performance and appearance of your vehicle without breaking the bank.
Can Wheel Spacers Cause Vibration?
Wheel spacers can cause vibration if they are not installed properly or are of low quality. The vibration can be felt through the steering wheel, affecting your vehicle’s handling and overall ride quality. There are several reasons why they can cause vibration, including:
- Poor Quality: If you choose low-quality spacers, they may not be manufactured to the correct specifications, resulting in vibration.
- Incorrect Fitment: If they are not installed correctly, they can cause a vibration. While this can happen if they are not torqued to the correct specifications or not centered properly.
- Thickness: The thickness of the wheel spacer can also affect vibration. If the spacer is too thick, it can stress the wheel bearings more and cause vibration.
- Wheel Balance: They can also affect the balance of your wheels. If the wheels are not properly balanced after installing the spacers, it can cause vibration.
If you are experiencing vibration after installing spacers of wheels, it’s important to have your vehicle inspected by a professional. They can determine the cause of the vibration and take corrective measures to ensure your vehicle is safe to drive. It’s important to choose high-quality wheel spacers designed specifically for your vehicle and have them installed by a professional to ensure that they are installed correctly and safely. Must look at www.kspmotor.com.
In conclusion, wheel spacers are a great aftermarket upgrade for any car enthusiast looking to improve the handling and appearance of their vehicle. They’re easy to install, affordable, and can provide significant benefits. However, it’s important to ensure they’re installed properly to avoid any potential damage to your vehicle. If you’re considering them for your vehicle, consult a professional to ensure you choose the right size and thickness.